Thursday, November 11, 2010

Carve me, stuff me, eat me

What is it about pumpkins? I just can't get enough of them this time of year. I like to look at them, I like to carve them, I like to eat them.

I much prefer them in savory recipes (I actually didn't know you could turn them into pies and other sweet concoctions, before coming to the US). And thanks to the Mister, who listened to this story on NPR the other day, I've got my eyes on a new recipe to try: a "Pumpkin Stuffed With Everything Good." I like recipes titles like that. Although, in my opinion, a filling made from cheese, garlic, bacon, and herbs deserves to be called "Heavenly", or "To Die For", rather than just "Good."

The recipe appears in Dorie Greenspan's book "Around My French Table", and after looking at what else she is stuffing, kneading, and sprinkling with Gruyere in there, I think I might have to treat myself to an early Christmas present and buy that beautiful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...