Friday, October 7, 2011

Seasonally induced baking craze

I don't know if it's the arrival of fall or our return from a lengthy vacation, but I've been feeling all sorts of cozy and domestic lately. Consequently, I've been all into baking.

I made a blueberry pie on Sunday (the lazy efficient kind: using frozen berries and a store-bought crust), and in search for a savory breakfast treat I tried this recipe for Cheese and Scallion Scones yesterday. They came out great, despite some substitutions on the ingredient list (I didn't have feta or scallions on hand, but grated cheddar, chives, and sundried tomatoes made for lovely stand-ins).

If room wasn't such an issue in our tiny kitchen, I would splurge on some nice baking supplies right now. But for the time being, I'm afraid we'll keep serving the pie straight out of the aluminum dish that the crust came in...


1. Scallop-edged pastry wheel
2. Reversible birch pastry board
3. Porcelain cake stand
4. Ruffled pie dish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...