Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pretties on plates: Food photography workshop

I took a food photography workshop with David Duncan Livingston earlier this week (you can see his beautiful work here and here). I've always had a vivid interest in food styling and food photography, so I really enjoyed the opportunity to be in the same room with a group of photographers and chefs and try my hand at styling and shooting. I will post some of the pictures I took later, but here is a great video that one of the guys in the class put together.

David asked me to set up one of the scenes we were shooting, and I had a lot of fun with it. He had brought in a variety of tableware and props to choose from, and the restaurant where the workshop was held provided a selection of beautiful, fresh, colorful food straight from their walk-in fridge: clams, watermelon radish, and purple potatoes. Yummy, and so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...