Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tic, toc, retro clocks

On a stroll through Oakland's Temescal District last weekend, I came across this lovely red toy rocket car in a storefront (the fabulous Scout Home Hardware). Awesome, no?


Upon a second look, I noticed that right behind it stood what is almost the exact same vintage stove we have in our apartment. Granted, ours isn't in quite as good shape, but still pretty close. I liked the big clock they had hung above it and since I keep missing a clock in our kitchen, I took a quick look around online for some retro wall clocks. Here's my shortlist:


From top left, clockwise (har, har):

1. Retro Kitchen Wall Clock in red and aqua.
2. Cream-colored Wesco Classic Line wall clock with timer.
3. Shiny retro clock made from reclaimed aluminum.
4. Kitchen timer and clock in egg-shaped black housing.
5. Round silver metal retro clock.
6. Flip calendar clock.

Talking of the nostalgic charm of everyday household items: here is a shot of a collection of ironing boards at Bakesale Betty's, where they serve as tables to briefly hold the tray with the most amazing fried chicken sandwich you'll ever have.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Most excellent vintage stuff! Love the clocks, especially.

    P.S.

    I have entered a contest to win a walk-on role on the retro-licious show "Mad Men".

    If you would take two seconds to vote for me, I would really appreciate it. Just go to my blog, or use this link to go straight to my photo page.

    http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH

    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...