Friday, June 8, 2012

Certified sailor!

Sorry that it's been so quiet over here, but I took a sailing class this week! We were out on the water every day Monday through Thursday, plus classroom segments and lunches spent tying knots. It was my first-ever sailing class, and it was amazing. What a fantastic way to take advantage of living by the San Francisco Bay! It was definitely tough at times, especially since we had very unfriendly weather on the first two days, but I'm so glad I stuck with it. Now I'm certified to charter and sail small boats up to 26 feet. Crazy, right? I'll need a lot more practice, but when "practice" means cruising around on a pretty little boat in a beautiful environment, what's not to like? We even saw a sea lion swim by right in front of the boat!

The Mister took this lovely picture on our last day of class. You can see San Francisco and the Bay Bridge in the background. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...