Friday, June 1, 2012

Miniature hat fit for a Queen

It's the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Weekend, and what better way to say congratulations than wearing a miniature hat? 60 years on the throne is no easy feat, and a festive headdress in Her Majesty's honor is more than appropriate. Plus, I love headdresses. Who can blame me.



I cobbled this one together from a piece of felt that was patiently awaiting its grand moment, very loosely based on a creation Queen E. wore in 2009 during a visit to Bermuda. Add some ribbon bits, a feather and some flower thingie from my wedding box (the feather was pink and the flower thingie white, so they got a quick watercolor makeover), and you're off to the races. I added a mini hat pin with the Diamond Jubilee emblem for extra festive points (the emblem was drawn by the 10-year old winner of a national contest and you can download it here!). Happy Friday, and pip pip hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...